Have you ever wished your iPhone’s Apple logo would glow like the logo on your MacBook laptop? Needless to say, the glowing logo makes your iPhone more unique even among the bunch of iPhone possessors and it catches people’s attention – especially while sitting in a dark place. Well, your wishes have come true. Using a small kit, you can make your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus Apple logo light up like it does on a MacBook. The best part – The hack is reversible, inexpensive to do, supposedly won’t affect the battery life of the phone, and isn’t terribly hard to do.
Here’s how to do it:
This trick first needs you to purchase an iPhone Light Kit to make your logo light up. The kit comprises of a LED strip, tape, insulation and a tool kit – that help you get your phone open and make all the internal adjustments, and of course, the LED light itself.
Get the iPhone Light Kit and Tools
Make sure to purchase the one for your specific model of iPhone.
Once the kit arrives, here’s how to install it.
Before You Begin:
Please keep in mind that this trick does require the opening of the phone and that’ll void your warranty (Well, if you’re phone is over a year old, the standard warranty is up anyway, but if not, keep that in mind).
You are doing this at your own risk and we are not responsible for your actions.
Open the Phone
To start with, you’ll need to turn off your phone.
Using the provided Penta lobe screwdriver from the kit, unscrew the two screws that are located at the bottom of the phone on either side of the charging port.
Using the suction cup available in the kit, pull off the screen. This will create a small gap under the screen at the bottom of the phone.
Now, put the pry tool into that gap and slowly turn it to separate the screen from the casing.
Once it is separated, pull the screen back to 90 degrees (don’t go past that as it will break the cables that are holding the phone to the motherboard.
Removing the Battery and Apple Logo
1. Remove the screws holding down the metal plate near the bottom right of the device that is over the cable connecting the battery.
2. Remove the metal plate and set that next to the screws.
3. Disconnect the battery. This is the toughest part. Since the iPhone’s battery is glued in, it is very hard to remove the iPhone’s battery from the phone itself.
4. To disconnect the battery, you can apparently pull the flaps at the bottom of the battery and pull them straight down to get the glue out. If it doesn’t work, use the following procedure to get it out.
5. You can use a blow dryer on the back of the phone to heat up the glue a little to make it a little easier to remove the battery. Optionally, you can use a butter knife or any other small, flat metal object to do this. But whatever method you may use, just be careful, so that you don’t ruin any of the parts.
6. When you finally get the battery out, you can see the metal “plate” that makes the Apple logo on the iPhone’s back shiny. That metal plate is held in place with tape and glue.
7. Using the kit’s tool or your fingernail, scrape off the tape that is holding down the metal Apple logo under the battery.
8. Using one of the screwdrivers, pry up the edges of the metal logo bit by bit until you can peel it away. Keep it safely aside as you might need this portion if you ever want to undo the light kit.
9. Now it’s time to install the glowing Apple logo.
Connecting the Light Kit
1. Take the LED and put it on the Apple logo. Insert the light kit so that the LED is placed into the new Apple-shaped hole left by the metal logo. Make sure it’s snug.
2. Put the two pieces of tape we removed earlier back on to just help hold it down.
3. Then, put back the battery and all the connectors which you had put earlier.
4. After reconnecting all the wires and connections and screwing everything back in their original places, reattach the screen to the iPhone’s body.
When you are complete, switch the phone on and you will find the back of your phone lighting up with Apple logo just like the glowing logo on a MacBook!
Here, you can have a look at the video to learn how to make your iPhone Apple logo glow.
How cool is that?
Article source – Theunlockr